Charity Fundraising Action for Ukrainian Patients
17/04/2022 przez Bartłomiej Pawlak
SupportChildrensHospital.pl | SupportChildrensHospital.org
American Healthcare Workers & Friends fundraising for the Ukrainian patients of the University Children’s Hospital in Krakow, Poland
University Children’s Hospital of Cracow (UCH) is the largest pediatric hospital in southern Poland. UCH is a tertiary care facility and treats children with the most advanced forms of severe diseases, different congenital defects, especially patients with congenital heart diseases or neonates with extremely low birth weight, and children with neoplastic diseases. The hospital offers services in all pediatric and surgical specialties. The staff received multiple rewards in recognition of innovative cardiac procedures. Such specialties as neurosurgery, orthopedics, hematopoietic cell transplantation, gastroenterology, endocrinology, and oncology continue to develop. The only Center of Arthrogryposis Treatment in Poland is located here at UCH. Our hospital has almost 500 beds, 22 wards, four intensive care units – one for cardiac surgery patients and one for neonates, and seven operating rooms (including a hybrid one dedicated solely to pediatric cases). There are complete diagnostic facilities, offering extensive laboratory regular and specialist tests (such as clinical genetics and immunology), from diagnostic procedures (e.g., endoscopy, bronchoscopy) to imaging studies (CT, MRI, scintigraphy). The annual number of ambulatory visits approximates 200,000, including roughly 33,000 visits to the Emergency Department. The estimated number of inpatients is 32,000 per year. General surgical teams, specialists in neurosurgery, reconstruction surgery, orthopedics, urology, and cardiac surgery, to name a few examples, annually perform more than 7,000 operations; the number includes approximately 500 cardiac surgery procedures. Highly qualified staff, modern equipment, and continuous development of diagnostic and therapeutic techniques allow for effective treatment of the most severely ill patients.
Currently, due to the war in Ukraine – UCH provides medical care also for groups of children from Ukraine. They are refugees who escaped from a war zone with their mothers. Therefore, we kindly ask you to support us in purchasing medical and non-medical equipment that is needed for the treatment of those patients and providing them with the best possible medical and social care. You can find our wish list below. The most needed items include:
- Scale with bioimpedance TANITA: 30 000-35 000 PLN
- Infusion Pumps HOSPIRA: 8000 PLN (we need 5 pieces) = 40 000 PLN
- Mobile Neonatal Heater: 11 000 PLN (we need 2 pieces) = 22 000 PLN
- Medical beds with height regulation: 2000 PLN (we need 5 pieces) =10 000 PLN
- Puls-oximeters NELLCOR: 4000 PLN (we need a lot of those, at least 10 pieces are fine) = 40 000 PLN
- Ophthalmology frames + additional elements: 12 000 PLN
- Operating scope: 10 000 PLN
- Microwave oven, Blood Pressure Measurement sets, Transport Carts, Drip Stands, Racks for linen bags = 14 000 PLN
The total cost of the above is about: 180 000 PLN (45 000 USD).
Please, note that $1 is about 4PLN, hence 500 PLN equals roughly $125.
If you would like to help us in purchasing these wish-list elements you can do it on-line via PAYPAL payment available below.
So far, 8 Donors joined the action and donated Us with: 4 786 USD !
The recipient of this fundraising action and Yours money donation is the Hospital Foundation “O ZDROWIE DZIECKA” (FOR A CHILD HEALTH) which was launched in 1992, and since that time has been supporting the Hospital’s daily activity, in many ways.
The principal goal of the Foundation is to carry out tasks in the field of health protection and promotion and to support and develop the treatment, prevention, and research activities of the University Children’s Hospital in Krakow-Poland. This goal is achieved through different activities of the Foundation which include:
- financing of expenses related to the purchase, repair, and modernization of the hospital’s medical and non-medical equipment.
- financing of expenses related to the renovation and modernization of the hospital facilities.
- financing of expenses related to the purchase of equipment for the Hospital to improve the comfort of stay for the Hospital’s patients, and their parents.
- financing of expenses related to the treatment of Hospital patients.
- financing of expenses related to preventive healthcare and health promotion and prevention of childhood diseases.
- organizing and financing special events for the Hospital’s patients and their parents.
- financing hospital staff participation in scientific conferences.
Our Foundation „O ZDROWIE DZIECKA” is a CAF Amercia validated and certified NGO.